Africa is divided into six main geographic regions that are composed of different countries;
• North Africa: This region comprises of countries that rim the southern shores of the Mediterranean Sea. These include Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Western Sahara
• The Sahel: The desert and savanna nations that span the Sahel and southern half of the Sahara Desert. These include (Chad, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Sudan
• West Africa: These are tropical Atlantic Oceans that include Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
• Central Africa: Also refered to as the heart of Africa and these include Angola, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Sao Tomé and Príncipe, South Sudan)
• East Africa: The nations that border the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean. These include Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mayotte, Reunion, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania and Uganda)
• Southern Africa: Nations that span the southern tip of Africa. These include Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
• Atlantic Ocean Islands: Canary Islands (Spain), Madeira Islands (Portugal), Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha (UK)
• Spanish Exclaves: Ceuta, Melilla
• Indian Ocean Islands: Mayotte (France), Reunion (France), Socotra (Yemen)
The pyramids at Giza: the most famous Pharonic relic and one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.